New Course Offers Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) Training
RALEIGH, N.C. (April 19, 2011)—Pharmaceutical Institute, the leading provider of specialized training solutions for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry and a subsidiary of Campbell Alliance, has expanded its Managed Markets Excellence® series to include Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) training for pharmaceutical and biotech professionals.
“At an increasing level, payers, providers, and patients look for head-to-head comparisons to determine the best therapies,” says Garry O’Grady, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Pharmaceutical Institute. “We’ve designed a course to help teams gain the insight needed to effectively position comparative research.”
The new Managed Markets Excellence® e-course provides a clear understanding of CER, including the drivers behind this research, why it has been controversial, and its implications for pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
The CER course:
• Describes the definition and purpose of comparative effectiveness research (CER)
• Explains who sponsors and conducts CER and how it is currently being used
• Discusses the limitations of CER, as well as industry concerns about its use
• Provides an overview of important recent developments and issues that are likely to impact CER in the future
• Conveys the implications and growing importance of CER for pharmaceutical manufacturers
Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) is a “strategic insights” course within Managed Markets Excellence®—an e-course series designed to deliver managed markets training to improve the effectiveness of pharmaceutical and biotech professionals.
Other “strategic insights” courses in the series include:
• Contracting Strategies
• Health Policy Reform: Impacts of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
About Pharmaceutical Institute
Pharmaceutical Institute is the leading provider of specialized training programs for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. We partner with subject matter experts from our parent company, Campbell Alliance, to develop high-impact distance learning solutions for professionals within all major pharmaceutical company functions including brand management, business development, clinical development, managed markets, medical affairs, sales, and trade and distribution. Pharmaceutical Institute is based in Raleigh, N.C. For more information, please visit www.pharmainstitute.com.
Director, Public and Media Relations
Please call 919-844-5650, extension 7195
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org