Pharmaceutical Institute Acquires E-Learning Assets from GeneEd, Inc.
RALEIGH, N.C. (December 17, 2009)—Pharmaceutical Institute today announced that it has acquired e-learning assets from GeneEd, Inc., a company specializing in life science courseware. These assets, including 155 highly advanced e-courses, help expand Pharmaceutical Institute’s already extensive library of training resources.
Pharmaceutical Institute is a leading provider of specialized training solutions for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry and a subsidiary of Campbell Alliance. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
“We are very pleased with the acquisition of these assets. GeneEd invested more than 10 years and $15 million in their creation, and the content they created is second to none,” said John Campbell, CEO of Campbell Alliance. “Over 25 of the world’s leading pharma and biotech companies are already using these materials with great success.”
As part of the agreement, Pharmaceutical Institute acquired 155 e-courses, including:
- 135 e-courses in key therapeutic areas, including cardiovascular, diabetes, respiratory, gastrointestinal, muscular skeletal, kidney, infection, oncology, central nervous system, pain and anesthesia, urinary, and metabolism.
- 12 e-courses in biopharmaceutical technology, including human gene therapy, genomics, combinatorial chemistry, computer-assisted drug design, immunity and disease, bioinformatics, advanced bioinformatics, microarrays, SNPs, methods in microbiology, and microarray informatics.
- 8 e-courses in clinical trial regulation, including biostatistics, adverse events reporting, good clinical practices, good laboratory practices, and 21 CFR part 11 (electronic records and signatures).
“Pharmaceutical Institute has focused its efforts on building an extensive library of e-course materials for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. The resources we have acquired from GeneEd are comprehensive and highly technical in nature. This acquisition greatly increases the scope and scale of our distance learning catalog,” said Garry O’Grady, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Pharmaceutical Institute.
The training resources acquired from GeneEd will add to Pharmaceutical Institute’s already extensive library of training resources that include
- Understanding Pharma – the most comprehensive introduction to the workings of the pharmaceutical and biotech industry and an end-to-end perspective on the functional areas of a typical biopharmaceutical company
- Managed Markets Excellence – a comprehensive training solution that addresses the critical need for specialized training in the complex and constantly evolving managed markets environment for pharmaceutical and biologic products
About the Pharmaceutical Institute
Pharmaceutical Institute is a leading provider of specialized training programs for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. We partner with subject matter experts from our parent company, Campbell Alliance, to develop highly-impactful distance learning solutions for professionals within all major pharmaceutical company functions, including Brand Management, Business Development, Clinical Development, Managed Markets, Medical Affairs, Sales, and Trade and Distribution. Pharmaceutical Institute is based in Raleigh, N.C. For more information, please visit www.pharmainstitute.com.
Director, Public and Media Relations
Please call 919-844-5650, extension 7195
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org