Now iPad Compatible
The importance of specialty pharmacies has grown rapidly, alongside concerns about specialty drug utilization, distribution, and reimbursement. This course reviews specialty pharmacy services, key trends, and the impact of their consolidation on the industry.
After completing this scenario-based e-course, participants will be able to:
- Define key characteristics of specialty drugs and identify drugs that can be classified as specialty
- Identify examples of wholesalers, specialty distributors, and specialty pharmacies
- Summarize trends in specialty product expenditures, utilization, reimbursement, and distribution (e.g. biosimilars)
- Describe managed care tactics to control expenditures on and utilization of specialty products
- Describe product distribution and reimbursement paths associated with wholesalers, specialty distributors, and specialty pharmacies
- Explain the “buy and bill” model
- Describe the services that specialty pharmacies offer payers and health plans, physicians, and patients
- Describe the impact on manufacturers of consolidation among specialty pharmacies
Our e-courses are only available for group and corporate-wide licenses. Pricing is based on the estimated number of users. Please contact us to learn more about incorporating Managed Markets Excellence® into your corporate training program. We can also develop custom training solutions to meet your specific training needs.