Role of Quality in US Healthcare
Now iPad Compatible
The idea of “quality” in healthcare has become a top priority for payers and providers over the past decade as the U.S. healthcare system struggles to manage diseases, boost prevention and wellness, and contain costs. Providers, payers, and the government are now aligning incentives with the quality, not the volume, of healthcare delivered.
It’s important for field-facing professionals to understand this focus on quality, because quality is increasingly becoming a critical piece of your customers’ business. Your customers— hospitals, physicians, and managed care organizations—are being impacted by a growing industry-wide effort to balance quality and cost.
After completing this course, participants will understand:
- What healthcare quality is
- How quality impacts the U.S. healthcare system
- What quality measurements are
- The different types of quality measurements
- Who the quality-focused stakeholders are and their roles
in improving quality