Practice Management: Specialty Products
Now iPad Compatible
Specialty products are under increasing financial pressure in the current reimbursement environment. This course helps team members understand the management structure and economics of a physician practice that utilizes specialty products.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the day-to-day responsibilities of the practice manager
- Discuss the practice manager’s role in negotiating and maintaining contracts with various entities (e.g., MCOs, drug manufacturers, wholesalers, specialty pharmacies)
- Identify key challenges facing practice managers such as pay-for-performance programs, claims denials, and declining reimbursement—particularly for specialty drugs
- Outline basic methods of assessing the financial health of a physician practice
- Discuss recent trends impacting practice managers
- Increasing patient out-of-pocket costs for health services
- Increasing utilization of electronic tools and technologies
- Addressing the impacts of Medicaid and managed Medicaid on physician practices
Our e-courses are only available for group and corporate-wide licenses. Pricing is based on the estimated number of users. Please contact us to learn more about incorporating Managed Markets Excellence® into your corporate training program. We can also develop custom training solutions to meet your specific training needs.