Now iPad Compatible
With the launch of the Medicare Part D drug benefit, Medicare’s impact on pharmaceutical and biologic product sales has dramatically increased. Medicare patients and their physicians are often confused about drug benefits and concerned about drug costs, which may discourage the use of high-value but high-cost resources. This course provides team members with the necessary background to offer practical guidance on the financial implications of drug selection for a Medicare beneficiary.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Provide an overview of the Medicare population
- Compare and contrast the scope of products and services covered by the four key components of Medicare: Parts A, B, C, and D
- Describe Medicare's impact on the poor and elderly
- Explain Medicare Part D in greater depth, including eligibility, costs, the "donut hole," dual eligibles, and the low-income subsidy program
- More effectively address issues encountered by Medicare patients
Medicare Case Study
This course features several case studies to illustrate the impact of Medicare Part D on beneficiaries’ out-of-pocket costs. It highlights scenarios in which one beneficiary stays out of the donut hole, one is “stuck in” the donut hole, and one “escapes” the donut hole. It provides a breakdown of each beneficiary’s prescription costs and an explanation of how Part D coverage affected these costs.
Our e-courses are only available for group and corporate-wide licenses. Pricing is based on the estimated number of users. Please contact us to learn more about incorporating Managed Markets Excellence® into your corporate training program. We can also develop custom training solutions to meet your specific training needs.