Evolving Care Delivery Models:
ACO, PCMH, IDN
Now iPad Compatible
The traditional model of standalone care practices is being rapidly replaced by large healthcare organizations and networks designed to improve quality and decrease cost. As a result of this shift, the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that served pharmaceutical and biotech professionals well in the past will not necessarily ensure future success.
Commercial teams need to understand new care delivery models and their impact on provider behavior. They must evolve their relationships with physicians and office staff to accommodate new practices, protocols, and decision-making processes so they can position themselves to bring continuous value, regardless of which healthcare delivery model they’re working with.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the driving factors behind the shift in care delivery models
- Describe the effects of this shift on drug purchasing and usage decisions
- Explain three emerging care delivery models:
- Patient centered medical homes (PCMHs)
- Integrated delivery networks (IDNs)
- Accountable care organizations (ACOs)
- Describe the benefits and challenges of each model
- Describe how physician incentives are different with each model
- Identify how reimbursement affects physicians’ decision making
- Explain how pharmaceutical and biotech professionals’ roles are impacted by these new models
Our e-courses are only available for group and corporate-wide licenses. Pricing is based on the estimated number of users. Please contact us to learn more about incorporating Managed Markets Excellence® into your corporate training program. We can also develop custom training solutions to meet your specific training needs.
iPad is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc.