A Sales Representative's Introduction to Drug Discovery and Development
Now iPad Compatible
Sales representatives are tasked with promoting their product to physicians and other office stakeholders, but many of them don’t know how difficult it was for that product to make it to market.
This course gives a high-level overview of what a pharmaceutical product goes through from early discovery through development to give sales reps a better understanding of the time, effort, and money involved in bringing a drug to market. It discusses the pre-clinical and clinical trial phases, as well as post-marketing studies. In addition, it outlines the important milestones that must be met along the way for a drug to earn FDA approval so it can be launched.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to explain:
- The importance and purpose of drug discovery
- The main stages of discovery
- The importance of obtaining patents on work developed during discovery
- The success rate, typical duration, and expenses associated with drug development
- The drug development phases, including preclinical testing, clinical testing, and post-marketing studies, as well as the activities that go on during those phases
- And the key milestones between discovering a new biologic or molecular entity and launching a drug
Our e-courses are only available for group and corporate-wide licenses. Pricing is based on the estimated number of users. Please contact us to learn more about incorporating the Beacon Series™ into your corporate training program. We can also develop custom training solutions to meet your specific training needs.